Friday, July 16, 2010

Didn't Do So Hot :(

Okay, well my goal month ended on July 11th at midnight, and I can say I didn't do as well I wanted.
Let's recap: GOALS
#1 - Daily writing goal of 30 mins a day, except Sundays
#2 - Weekly writing related post
#3 - Compose two more chapters in WIP MS. (Work In Progress, Manuscript)

Update -
#1 - Totally blew this one. I was lucky if I got in an hour each week.....I was able to get some plotting done.
#2 - I think I only made 2 of the 4 weeks on this one.
#3 - This one I think I may have almost completed. When I started plotting, the two chapters that I had originally have now been expanded to a prologue and 4 (unfinished) chapters.

So overall, though I didn't complete each goal entirely, I believe setting the goals actually did help me move forward in the last month. If I hadn't researched the "How to plot" weekly post, I wouldn't have made the progress I did on my MS, which did consist of re-writes and re-structuring of chapters. It wasn't daily writing, but it was writing that moved my story in the right direction.

So I'm going to focus on the success of this experiment and try it again. SAME GOALS! ONE MORE MONTH! Starting today...ending on August 13th at midnight. Which is a perfect ending, because it will give me the opportunity to update you on my progress and also a breakdown of the WriteOnCon Conference August 10-12th. I'm Excited!!!!

Wish me luck!

Love Always,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment