Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm Movin On!

Sometimes the words to a song seem like they were written specifically for you. I love when I find songs like that. They can convey exactly what is in someone's heart, and remind you that you aren't alone in the way you feel, or on the road you have travelled, the exits and detours taken, or mistakes made. You realize that someone else has been there before, and that can be comforting knowing that you aren't alone.

Lyrics are great places to find story starters too. One of my WIPs came to me from a LeeAnn Womack song...

But the Rascal Flatts song, "I'm Movin On" talks about the exact place I'm at in my life. On this coming Saturday, I'm planning on closing the door on a part of my life that has been holding me back for way too long. I'm leaving behind those people that have not only stopped my forward progression, but actually began to pull me back further and further until I almost forgot who I truly am and who I truly want to become. I'm looking forward to the future, and taking the lessons learned and saying goodbye to the person I used to be,and I'm Movin On.

Love Always,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment